I would LOVE to come speak to YOU! Send me an email at getoutandlivestrong@gmail.com to schedule a presentation.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Committed To My Goals.

For my next year as Miss Millard County I wanted to push myself as I chose the goals I would strive to accomplish. The more I push myself on the goals I set, the greater the satisfaction I receive when I accomplish them, and this year is going to be no different. So here are my FOUR major goals that I WILL ACCOMPLISH THIS YEAR...

1. Goal #1 (Physical): I am going to do an IRONMAN 70.3 by June 2015. (This is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and finishes off with a half marathon run of 13.1 miles). My plan is:


  • Sign up and COMMIT myself to an exact race (most likely the St. George Ironman 70.3 on May 2nd, 2015) by October 1st, 2014.
  • Starting in January I will begin this four month training schedule.
  • Signed up and running the Cedar City Half Marathon on September 13th, 2014.
  • Fundraise the $250.00 required to participate in the IRONMAN 70.3 (plan coming in future post). 

2. Goal #2 (Social): This coming year I want to promote and get EVERYONE involved with my platform, G.O.A.L.S.: Get Out And Live Strong, so my goal is to make at least one appearance every month for the next year. My plan is:

I want to speak to YOU!
  • Talk to someone new every single day about my platform.
  • ASK! I am going to continually ask anyone and everyone to let me come in and share my platform. Schools, classrooms, church groups, Scouts, Relief Societies, Clubs, you name it and I want to speak to you!! Contact Me!
  • Use social media. I am going to continually post on social media accounts. I am on Instagram (@g.o.a.l.s and @kennedyspringer), Twitter (@kennedyspringer), and Facebook (Missy Millard & Kennedy Springer). Use our official hashtag #getoutandlivestrong.
  • Keep up to date on my blog posts and what I am doing as Miss Millard County 2015.

3. Goal #3 (Mental): My education stands very high on the list of things I value, so I plan to continue to make it a priority this next year. I have set my goal to maintain a 3.8 grade point average this Fall and Spring Semester at Snow College. My plan is:


  • I will need to spend 3+ hours of my day in the library doing homework and studying. I will be in library with my phone put away (major distraction.. get rid of it for a few hours) completely focused on the task at hand.
  • I will need to score 94% or higher and every exam and quiz I take.
  • LEARN. I cannot get caught up in striving for a perfect score every time, but rather remember to actually learn what is being taught so I can use it for the rest of my life. There is a difference between passing classes and actually learning what is taught in classes. I need to remember to learn.

4. Goal #4 (Spiritual): Although I do things every single day with my religion, (daily prayer, scripture study, attend church, etc.) I wanted to challenge myself to truly put my religion to action. My goal for the coming year is to perform one meaningful, thought-out act of service every week. My plan is:


  • Every Sunday morning at 8:00 A.M. I will sit down and plan the service I plan to carry out in the upcoming week.
  • During my morning and evening prayers I will ask to be guided on who needs me and my service in their life.
  • Get signed up and involved with the service opportunities at Snow College and the Institute Programs.
  • Stay motivated by watching inspiring videos!


Now you know exactly what I am expecting of myself for this coming year and I want YOU to help me stay committed. Goals are so much easier to keep if you do them along with someone. Reflect on your own life and come up with a goal for each category. Start living your life in a way that helps you continually grow as you Get Out And Live Strong through GOAL setting.

SET YOUR GOALS AND SHARE THEM WITH ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment