I would LOVE to come speak to YOU! Send me an email at getoutandlivestrong@gmail.com to schedule a presentation.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Little and Junior Miss Millard Pageant

I remember during my pageant, the pageant directors kept saying how much they loved EVERY single one of us, and how it was going to break their hearts when only one person won the title. Honestly.. I didn't believe them. I thought they just had to tell us that so we felt confident and that each one of them had a certain girl they liked best. I was wrong, and Little and Junior Miss Millard showed me that. I now know EXACTLY what they meant. I grew to love every single one of the twenty little girls participating and it really did break my heart to announce only one winner.

I put a lot of thought into this and one night it finally dawned on me.. THEY WERE ALL WINNERS! Yes, I know you hear that all the time when little kids participate in athletics and everyone wants to feel good, but this is different. I am as competitive as they come, and I would not say everyone of them was a winner if they weren't, but they were. And they still are!

These five to twelve year old girls were being the perfect example of my platform "G.O.A.L.S. Get Out And Live Strong." It was not easy for them to get up in front of a large crowd and not only perform a talent, but also answer a random on stage question. It wasn't easy for them to have their hearts broken as they didn't win the crown. And it definitely wasn't easy for them to put themselves in a vulnerable position, not knowing if the judges would choose them or not. But the bottom line is that THEY DID IT!! Yes they all won. How? Because they grew as individuals and realized that they CAN do hard things. What a valuable lesson to learn at such a young age.

I LOVE ALL YOU GIRLS TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!

Former Miss Millard Briana Lemon Smith. (yes I have a ways to go)

Getting out of my comfort zone.. being the MC!

Seriously. Are these girls not the CUTEST!!! Love them all!

Safety first during the Science Experiment Talent

Love my Taya! She did so good!

Macie Sorenson and Kate Chase were the winners! They did awesome and are
going to do even more awesome. So excited to work with them.



Do these young girls not just inspire you to be better. Stop sitting back in your comfort zone and get out there and do something that scares you! It will be worth it. When you grow as an individual, you always win!

No comments:

Post a Comment